Remember getting that special valentine in middle school? Or how about the first love letter you received? There is a special place in the heart for words written to you by a person you adore. And although today we have e-mails and text messages, nothing quite replaces a handwritten love letter. Considering it’s so rare in our modern age, a heartfelt letter from a man can mean so much more than even flowers or a box of chocolates.
Maybe it's the handwriting itself that makes it so special. Seeing your partner's unique script allows you to imagine your beloved putting the words onto paper. It makes what's being expressed seem tangible, more so than what's conveyed by the uniformity of a computer font. Then there is the paper itself: Is it a jagged piece of notebook paper or a carefully chosen card? The material can say as much as the words themselves. Consider writing one to your beloved. Will you leave it under the pillow in bed or mail it to a work address (just be sure no one else opens the office mail!).
Things to Remember When Writing a Love Letter:
- A love letter is an intimate conversation between two people, and there are no strict rules to abide by.
- A love letter need not be long. It can be just a couple of heartfelt words.
- Never feel that you have nothing to write about, as the simplest things can make a great letter.
- A true love letter is a refreshing way to express your love. You may feel freer to show your feelings than if you were in your beloved's presence.
- Clear your desk and your mind of distractions.
- Never try to write a love letter when you're in a bad mood: Not only will it be more difficult to write but also your bad vibes will make their way into the letter.
- Try writing a draft first. Remember those essay-writing rules? (But truly, it won't matter if your love-letter writing skills are not up to par; it’s the thought that counts.)
- When you sit down to write your letter, think about what you want to convey: Is it a sexy love letter, full of desires you might not have the nerve to speak aloud?
- If you're writing an erotic lover letter, talk about yourself as well.
- Use images and memories from your own relationship in the letter. This makes the letter more personal. Your lover will realize you are really thinking about him as you’re writing. Pick a special moment and say: "Remember this?”
- Surprise your partner by sharing something very intimate that maybe you didn't express in the past.
- Spray the love letter with a light fragrance.
So, now that you have read some tips on how to write a love letter, why don't you put pen to paper and write one for your loved one? Surely, he’ll appreciate the passion you put in to it. Just be sure to seal it with a lipstick kiss.